Toyo Proxes R888
Recommended for competition events, the Toyo Proxes R888 tire is more designed for road racing than drag racing. But don’t let that fool you, the R888 is a great option for street cars looking to get as much grip as possible without sacrificing complete performance.
The superb handling and unidirectional V shaped tread design offer better performance and an unbeatable traction, even on wet roads.
Toyo Proxes R888 Specs (h2)
At A Glance Features:
- Built with an enhanced R Compound tread meant to maximize this tires grip
- Offers a semi slick shoulder area for better steering response
- Unidirectional V Shaped tread design to push performance handling
- Continuous center contact means braking performance and guaranteed dry traction
- Increased tread area plus a limited void lend spectacular dry traction
- 14”, 16”, and 18” sizes that offer a 5.5” through 11” rim width range acceptability
Toyo R888 Prices
Toyo Proxes R888 Pros & Cons (h2)
- The Toyo Proxes R888 have a stiff bead construction in addition to a wider tread width that lends cornering force. The handling is at competition level even when the tire is on the highway.
- Unlike the traditional competition built tires, you can expect a solid tire that doesn’t wear to exhaustion the first weekend on the track
- Solid white lettering add a clean finish to this solid competition tire
- Audis to Porsches, high performance rides are given a solid ground connection with the Toyo Proxes R888 tires
- From daily highway driving to track events, Toyo Proxes R888 moves seamlessly between pro level and daily driving.
- The Toyo Proxes R888 aren’t whisper quiet by any means. However, when used for daily driving, high performance tires can’t be expected to ride silently, due to the gripping nature of the tread.
- When driving on gravel roads or badly paved roads, these super sticky treads may cause the gravel to be picked up and thrown at either the paint job on the rear of your car or the car behind you. Slow take offs are a must in this situation.
- The Toyo Proxes R888 have been reported to be a little sketchy in standing water or heavy rain conditions. It is imperative to ensure the correct tire pressure is employed without fail.
Where To Buy Toyo Proxes R888 Tires (H2):
You can find Toyo Proxes at a number of online retailers including Tire Rack, Amazon,
Overall, if you are looking for serious handling and performance enhancing capability both on the track and on the highway, The Toyo Proxes R888 is the tire you’ve been waiting for. Cornering and dry traction are two jobs that this tire takes very seriously.
Although you don’t want to drive through a monsoon or a flood and hope for traction on these tires, they are built with V shaped grooves that lend this competition tire a grip even on freshly rained on roadways. As a matter of fact, the traction is so sticky, you need to watch your rate of acceleration on gravel roads, as the Toyo Proxes R888 will throw the gravel at the unsuspecting car behind you.
The Toyo Proxes R888 are marketed as a competition tire, and to that effect, they absolutely deliver on their purpose. The enhanced R compound treat will maximize tire grip, which in turn lends better handling and all around performance, both on the track and the freeway.
As with all competition tires, to store the Toyo Proxes R888 you need to release the air pressure and store indoors in a cool, dark room. It is best if you lay them on their side to store them. Be mindful of the PSI suggestions when you’re running on these tires, and check your pressure religiously to avoid sketchy behavior on wet roads.
Equipped with a wide tread area plus a limited void, you can fully expect traction that will keep your performance vehicle exactly where you are steering to on the asphalt. As a matter of fact, the Toyo Proxes R888 is a recommended tire for road and tracking racing along with High Performance driving schools.
From a 14” to a 18” diameter, your rim width range is enough to lend an Audi or a Porsche the extra handling power needed to make a name on the track. Although they’re not silent riding tires, the Toyo Proxes R888 will remind you exactly why a little hum is worth hearing once you get to the track. The cornering force and competition grade handling are why the Toyo Proxes R888 is being spotted on both a track and a highway near you.
Toyo R888 Sizes
The Toyo Proxes R888 are available in a limited range of sizes for 13, 14, 16, 17, and 18 inch wheels.
13″ Toyo Proxes R888
Toyo Proxes R888 225/35R13
- Weight: 25 lbs
- Diameter: 25.71″
- Width: 11.10″
- Approved Wheel: 7.5″ – 8.5″ – 9.5″